Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Beauty Buys and Good News

Good evening girls!

As the title suggests, I have some good news to share with you :-) I found out this morning that I passed yesterday's Assurance exam, yay. This is my first step to becoming a chartered accountant. So, one exam down, 14 to go! In addition to that cause for celebration, my boyfriend was offered a job yesterday and accepted it :-) He had his final interview yesterday morning at the same time and in the same building as I was sitting my exam in. Positive vibes were a-flowing.

Yesterday evening we decided to go shopping as we were both after a few items. I wanted to go to The Body Shop for a new perfume. I haven't worn perfume for a while. My absolute favourite is Gloria by Cacharel but unfortunately this has been discontinued. Anyway, I was disappointed by The Body Shop's offerings and was ready to leave empty-handed when my boyfriend noticed these sprays:

They are suitable for body, rooms and linen so they aren't true perfumes but I quite liked the scents and they were on offer (buy one get one half price) so I chose Green Tea & Lemon and Pomegranate & Raspberry.

My shopping continued this evening when we went to Tesco. I was after a body scrub and some moisturiser and spotted a St. Ives offer, buy one get one free. A couple of weeks ago I bought St. Ives Apricot Scrub when I saw it for £2.29 in Savers (compared to over £4 elsewhere) and quite liked it so I was willing to try other products in the range. I ended up with a tub of Apricot Body Scrub and some soothing Oatmeal & Shea Butter Advanced Body Moisturiser for around £4.99.
I haven't tried them yet but I'm hoping they'll be good. I can tell already that I'm going to have issues with the body scrub though- I hate having to scoop a product out of a tub and getting the product under my nails. Hate, hate, hate that.


And this isn't something I purchased but something which I've had for a while now, a Neutrogena Hydro-Boost Mask. I have a few packets of these so tonight I'm going to try using a face mask and see how I get on. Do you ever use face masks?


Bye for now,
Laura

3 comments:

  1. Laura!:D Congratulations to you and your boyfriend!:D Yay!:D

    I feel the same way about the scrub getting under your nails.:D Love St. Ives, though!:D

    ***** Marie *****
    allthingsmarie.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love face masks! They feel so good after peeling them off. I will have to give the Neutrogena one a try.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks :-)

    The face mask was quite disappointing actually! I'll have to try another brand and hope for something better

    ReplyDelete

Reading your comments makes my day, leave me one to have your say :-)