Saturday, February 11, 2012

All About Me

Currently listening to: Polish Girl by Neon Indian

Good evening girls!

Sorry I haven't blogged this past week. To get me back in to the swing of things I've decided to answer the questions posed to me by the wonderful bloggers at Sekhmet's Purple Castle, Nail Addict, Sara Loves Pretty Little Things, Red Hair and Black Nail Polish and Paint That Nail. Thank you all for tagging me for 11 Questions :-)

The first thing I'm supposed to do is share 11 facts about myself with you so here we go:
My favourite lunch is currently mackerel, apple and beetroot
I'm going to Amsterdam for the first time this summer
Today I bought my first Max Factor polish (can you guess what it is??)
I love animal prints
I like scented candles and wax melts
I love writing and receiving letters
I have thousands of photos I'd like to develop and put in albums
I'm going to my first rugby match soon
The last film I saw at the cinema was The Descendants, which I didn't at all enjoy
I have a folder of manicures I've seen on blogs that I love but I never try to recreate any of them
Tonight I'm going to watch American Beauty

Now I'm supposed to answer the 11 questions put to me by the person who tagged me but, well, I don't think anyone wants to read my answers to 55 questions so I'm going to select a sample:

What is your favourite nail polish colour?
Purple

What was the last thing you watched on tv?
Top Gear

Do you prefer brights or nudes or vampy for nails?
Brights

What nail polish trend do you love/hate?
I hate newspaper nails and I love almost all other trends!

Do you prefer long or short nails?
Definitely long but not ridiculously long

What do you do for a living?
I'm a trainee Chartered Accountant

Do you remember your dreams?
Occasionally but I'm not a big dreamer, most of my dreams relate to work or any repetitive activity I've been doing during the day eg Sudoku!

What is your favourite book?
Digging to America by Anne Tyler and The Distance Between Us by Maggie O'Farrell

Where would you like to live?
America, Canada, China, France, Japan, Scotland, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain...I like to travel and experience different places and cultures

What was the first blog you started reading?
Dottie K

What is your favourite polish you currently own?
Hmm, tough one but let's say Julia by Essence, Pink Spice by Accessorize, Digital by Milani and Hi-Res by Milani

What is your favourite nail polish brand?
Essence

What brand of nail polish do you want to try but haven't had the chance to?
Nubar, Wet and Wild, Catrice etc

Stamping or freehand nail art, which is your favourite?
Stamping, because I find it much easier. I envy those bloggers who are so talented at freehand!

I think that's enough for now. If you would like to answer these questions and let your readers know more about you then please consider yourself tagged!

Bye for now,
LauraLink

10 comments:

  1. i love writing and receiving letters too! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So much better than emails, especially when you can find cute stationary :-)

      Delete
  2. I love seeing photos in photo albums. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just wish I had the time and money to sort all of mine :-)

      Delete
  3. Interesting facts. I'm definitely also a stamper - but I so wish I could freehand something pretty. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried to freehand a heart yesterday which I thought would be quite simple but no, couldn't even manage that!

      Delete
  4. im going to go ahead and guess you got Fantasy Fire ?! :D hahha its so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I guess it's Fantasy Fire too :D I have a folder of inspirtion manicures too and there are so many, that I almost never can decide which one to try :P And no wonder Pink Spice is on of your favorites ;) Can't wait to see it's "sister" :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The only thing that puts me off buying Pink Spice's sister is the fact that Pink Spice is quite hard to remove. Not as bad as a proper glitter, but still not fun. I think I'll be buying it next weekend though ;-)

      Delete

Reading your comments makes my day, leave me one to have your say :-)