Saturday, June 30, 2012

Saturday's Stars NOTD

Currently watching: Crazy Stupid Love 

Good morning girls!  Thank you for all your positive feedback on the design I featured in my previous post :-)  Today I have a design to show you featuring another one of my new Lm polishes, this time a darker and brighter shade, merely numbered 106:

 

These photos show two coats of LM 106 although, as we all know, purples are notoriously difficult to capture accurately on camera so what you're seeing here is not a true representation of the real shade.


 My next step was to use purple striping tape to section off the top of my nails and then I stamped a star on each nail using Bundle Monster BM05 and MUA shade 2.


Unfortunately I stamped my nails before they were fully dry so I ended up smudging the polish and had to rescue the manicure with a layer of Essence Night in Vegas.  I actually preferred the manicure without the flakie top coat; the striping tape was much more vibrant before.


What do you think girls?  Is the flakie top coat too much?

Bye for now,
Laura

22 comments:

  1. It's a really lovely color in itself, but I like it with the top coat, and often do something similar myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think the flakies are too much at all. I really like this mani!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh! I'm sorry about smdugnig :( when I want to do stamping, I apply the base colour at night and then I stamp the next morining _:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Usually I don't have time to stamp in the morning, and I'm too impatient to wait anyway ;-)

      Delete
  4. This mani totally reminds me of something, but I just can't think of what! Great job nevertheless, I really like it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know when you remember ;-) I'm glad you like it anyway

      Delete
  5. I think it looks very nice with the flakie top coat!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I actually think the flakey topcoat is really great overtop of this! I love how it looks.

    ReplyDelete

Reading your comments makes my day, leave me one to have your say :-)