Thursday, August 26, 2010

Glamour

Hi folks,

I recently purchased the September issue of Glamour, which has been done on a regional basis therefore I got the Scotland issue.

In the section focused on my region, I've been given the following 15 reasons "why Scotland rocks":

1. The deep-friend Mars bar. If consumed after midnight has no calories, honest.
2. Without Scotland, there would be no Christopher Kane. Or his Topshop collection.
3. It's the home of golf- that great sport that means we get a man-free afternoon to ourselves.
4. Cock-a-leekie - the best name for leek and chicken soup we've ever heard.
5. The handsome, rugged and just plain hot Gerard Butler. Yum.
6. You wouldn't have survived festival season without the waterproof raincoat- invented here.
7. Thank you, Scotland, for the hottest James Bond, ever. (Sean Connery, in case you need to ask.)
8. Uber-cool rocksters Franz Ferdinand, The View and KT Tunstall all hail from Scotland.
9. Apparently, seven out of every 10 Scots have blue eyes. Nice.
10. The Loch Ness monster. We don't know if it's real or not but we kinda want it to be.
11. Men in skirts? Thank God for those tartan kilts.
12. Digestive biscuits, shortbread and Tunnock's Teacakes. Anyone for elevenses?
13. Hot toddies. We'd happily suffer the flue for this wonder 'medicine'.
14. Irn-Bru. Orange it may be, but it's a great cure for hangovers.
15. The legendary Annie Lennox.

Is it just me or does this list have a scraping-the-bottom-of-the-barrel feel to it? I complained about it to my boyfriend but he said it's what he'd expect from that kind of magazine.

What do you think? And if you have other versions of this magazine and would like to give me something to compare my list with, please give me the reasons why Glamour thinks your region rocks :-)

Bye for now,
Laura

2 comments:

  1. you ve received an award on my blog :)

    I don't have the english glamour over here

    ReplyDelete
  2. i found this post very interesting. i didn't know sean connery and gerard butler are both from scotland, so that's good to know. and deep-fried mars bar sounds yummy!

    <3, Mimi
    http://whatmimiwrites.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Reading your comments makes my day, leave me one to have your say :-)