Sunday, January 9, 2011

That Was The Weekend When

On Friday
*I hurried home from work to drop off my laptop then went into town with my boyfriend to have McDonald's for tea (we had vouchers) and watch 127 Hours at the cinema
*I almost passed out in the cinema during the arm-cutting scene. Lost my vision, couldn't hear properly, felt dizzy and sick for a few minutes. Luckily I was sitting down and made a quick recovery

On Saturday
*
I slept in then went to the post office to pick up Lord Sugar's book (a bargain at £5.99 from Amazon)
*Had lunch while watching an episode of The Big Bang Theory
*Walked to the library to return a couple of novels then walked around Stockport town centre
*Relaxed in the evening and watched Fireflies in the Garden with David. Have you seen it? It's a couple of years old and stars Ryan Reynolds, Willem Dafoe, Julia Roberts and Emily Watson. Neither of us had seen it before or heard anything about it so we weren't sure what to expect but it was disppointing. Lots of unanswered questions and storylines that were never followed up.

On Sunday
*Went into Manchester town centre for some clothes shopping. I bought a work shirt from H&M and a dress from New Look. One of my colleagues is going out for drinks to celebrate her birthday next Saturday and I (plus another 100 or so people) have been invited so I needed something to wear although I imagine it will be the kind of event where I can go, spend an hour or so, but never actually see the birthday girl.
*Tried something new for lunch: spinach and ricotta pasta (not new) accompanied with red onion and gorgonzola sauce (new). Lovely.
*Spent the afternoon blogging and watching Dawson's Creek.



How was your weekend?

Bye for now,
Laura

6 comments:

  1. Is that the movie about the guy who had his arm stuck under a rock and had to cut it off? I wondered what the film was about..
    Cute dress :) You've done quite well shopping for work clothes lately!
    I've just been lazy staying in resting. Caught up on youtube videos and blogs as I wasn't online for a couple of days. The boy cooked lunch so I cooked dinner. It's fun when we try to be creative and healthy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your striped shirt from H&M. It's very versatile.

    Wow! I wouldn't be able to stomach an arm-cutting scene. Looks like you had a full weekend. Glad you had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really want to see 127 hours but no-one is brave enough to see it with me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Wing,I thought I had done well with work clothes too, until I remembered that I don't like skirts since they always swivel round when I'm walking, and my work dress ripped the first time I wore it! Yep, that's the film where the man's arm is trapped under a rock.

    @The Girlie Blog, thanks :-) It looks good with jeans too.
    The film was pretty gory lol

    @Diasychain, aw, you'll just have to go yourself :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. i like the clothes you got! and i've heard of a lot of people passing out during that scene too. i haven't seen it yet, but i want to - i wonder if i can handle that scene...

    <3, Mimi
    http://whatmimiwrites.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Mimi, I think if you just watch the scene it might be ok but I started thinking,"imagine if you got half-way through cutting off your arm and then for some reason couldn't go through with it. Then you'd really be messed up etc etc etc" and that didn't really help!

    ReplyDelete

Reading your comments makes my day, leave me one to have your say :-)