Thursday, July 15, 2010

Purple Comparison

Currently listening to: Broken by Lifehouse

Earlier this week I was in Boots and got tempted by the Barry M 2 for £5 offer on nail polish. One of the colours I got was Pure Turquoise (yesterday's NOTD) and the second one I chose was Berry Ice Cream. I knew I had a similar shade at home (pictured below on the right) but the application is terrible so I was happy to get a higher quality dupe. However, I also thought it was a similar shade to Eyeko's Lilac Polish (again, bad application) but after today's swatching session, I now see how wrong I was.


Left to right: Milo, Barry M, Eyeko

Left to right: Eyeko, Barry M, Milo

Left to right: Milo, Barry M, Eyeko

As you can see, the Milo and Barry M shades are really similar (and even more similar in reality than in these photos I have to say) so I'm pleased about that. However, I was surprised to discover that the Eyeko shade is a lot darker and more purple than I had pictured it in my head. I'm actually quite pleased about that too because, despite the poor application, I still think it looks great on my nails so I will definitely be using this more in the near future :-)

Bye for now,
Laura

2 comments:

  1. I agree that the Eyeko one looks the best there, I think I'm going to have to get myself that colour, even if the application is a little bad (cos it still looks great so I think it'll be worth it!)

    If anyone else is interested in buying anything from www.eyeko.com you can use the code E10222 to get a free gift (you have to spend at least £10 but this is easily done with all they offer).

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right, sometimes bad application is worth putting up with if the end result is good :-)

    ReplyDelete

Reading your comments makes my day, leave me one to have your say :-)