Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Wednesday's New Design NOTD

Currently watching: Glee

Good morning!

I know you're probably fed up of seeing this manicure by now but I made some changes to yesterday's manicure and I really wanted to share them with you:

First, I have to apologise for the quality of these photos. There was no daylight when I left my house so I had to take these photos in my car when I got to work and in the car park. Second, please excuse the wear on my thumb nail.

So, the first change I made was mattifying the manicure using my Rimmel mattifying top coat. I love the way it makes my nails feel like satin.

I then used a dotting tool and a Miss Sporty silver shade to put silver dots in the centre of the flowers. This is something I've never done before despite admiring it on many of your manicures. I can't believe how much it changes the look of the manicure and lifts the whole thing!

What do you think girls? Did you prefer this manicure shiny or matte with silver accents?

Bye for now,
Laura

12 comments:

  1. I'm all for recycling manicures! Very lovely! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice way to switch the mani up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Girlie Blogger, thank you :-) Such an easy extra step to do as well.

    @Asesela, I like your thinking :-)

    @Sandra, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like a whole new manicure ! I really love the matte look, and the silver dots are gorgeous! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not sure if you have got some already, if so ignore me but have you considered getting some daylight bulbs so that you can take pics during the night and not have to rely on the sun!? Love this mani btw :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Theodora, thanks :-) I always forget how much I love mattifying manicures.

    @Anna, ooh, I haven't heard of daylight bulbs. This may be something I need to investigate!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i like this mani both ways, but i must say i like the extra pop! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Fingers, the dots are a quick final step which really seems to make a lot of difference :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this matte finish nail art.. am going to try this.. Awesome Laura..

    ReplyDelete
  10. http://www.johnlewis.com/150914/Product.aspx :-)

    ReplyDelete

Reading your comments makes my day, leave me one to have your say :-)