Monday, February 28, 2011

Monday's Manicure- Mattified Storm

Currently listening to: The Flood by Take That

Morning folks!

Back to the daily grind it is. But let's start the week on a positive note with my very first Accessorize nail polish :-)

This is Storm, a shade I purchased a couple of weeks ago when Accessorize nail polishes were on a 3 for 2 offer. Some caught my eye so I thought they were worth trying.

Storm is a dark grey colour which applied well and took three coats to achieve good coverage although two might be passable.

I'm not sure how to describe this polish, it's slightly frosted/pearlised, meaning that brush strokes are quite visible.

It didn't bother me but for some reason I decided to use my Rimmel top coat to mattify it.

I really love this colour and the matte effect.

As for staying power, I find it hard to comment as I chose to keep this on for only two days before removing it. However, during those two days I didn't experience any top wear or chipping.

Accessorize nail polishes cost £4 for 10ml and are available from Accessorize and Superdrug.

Have you tried any of the Accessorize make up range?

Bye for now,
Laura

6 comments:

  1. Looks kind of like satin.
    I can't even decide if I need a primer but maybe I do when summer comes and foundation may not stay on as well. Hmm.
    Have you bought a new foundation yet? What did you go for?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the matte topcoat now. I wore it today on top of pink shimmer and I feel like I have princess nails. I just sit at work feeling how smooth they are lol.
    Nope I haven't bought a new foundation. I've decided to finish my l'oreal matte morphose one first now that i've almost finished the rimmel one. But I've read good things about a collection 2000 foundation which i might end up trying. And the bourjois healthy foundation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah I'd quite like to try Bourjois Healthy Mix. It was on offer for a few pound cheaper one time but I got a shade too yellow for me. Just to not waste it, I'm mixing a little of it with my Revlon photoready but don't actually know it it does much

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's always so difficult trying to find the right shade

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sophisticated!:D

    ***** Marie *****
    allthingsmarie.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't know what I was thinking when I chose this shade since it was a Thursday evening and I had to go into work the following day with my nails like that. Oops. Luckily my boss didn't mind so maybe he thought it was sophisticated too :-)

    ReplyDelete

Reading your comments makes my day, leave me one to have your say :-)