Monday, February 21, 2011

Monday's Manicure (NOTD)

Currently listening to: Shine a Light by McFly

Good morning ladies!

Did you have a nice weekend? What do you think of my new background and banner?

Today's manicure comes courtesy of a Yves Saint Laurent polish in Pink Moon which I was given for Christmas.

As you can see from the bottle, there's a lot of shimmer in it and even some purple tones.

On my nails and in natural light the colour is less pink and more terracotta. The shimmer is very noticeable but I would definitely say this shade is suitable for both work and play.



Application was good, two goods gave good coverage. Drying time seemed fast but was slightly deceiving as I promptly smudged two nails after thinking me and my manicure were ready to go when we weren't. As for staying power, let's wait and see. I first tried this polish in January and wore it for a week with very minimal tip wear and chipping. I'm hoping that wasn't a fluke.

Have you tried Yves Saint Laurent nail polish before?

Bye for now,
Laura

4 comments:

  1. I've never tried them, but I've heard they're very good! This color is beautiful, too! (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. No big chips after a day so that's a good start :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did and it was alright.:D

    Loving the new banner.:D

    ***** Marie *****
    allthingsmarie.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. That lasted over 4 days with minimal top wear! Very impressed.

    Thanks :-)I won't tell you how many hours it took me to make it lol

    ReplyDelete

Reading your comments makes my day, leave me one to have your say :-)