Saturday, May 22, 2010

Friday Fun

Currently listening to: Awake by Josh Groban
Song: Now or Never


Good morning. Yesterday was a lovely warm and sunny day here in Warsaw and since neither David nor I had to go to uni or work we decided to spend the morning in the Botanic Gardens. I love walking through places like this and admiring all the brightly coloured flowers so this place was perfect for me.




My best pictures of flowers are from Frankfurt but I think the picture above isn't too bad. I really like the shade of the petals. Now if only I could find this shade of nail polish...

Before returning home from the gardens we took a detour through a park full of peacocks parading around with their feathers out on display.
What did I wear for our little excursion? A recent addition to my wardrobe from H&M.
I used to have a pink top from H&M which was very similar to the one above although it had a slightly fuller sleeve and the chiffon ruffle detail at the neckline was different. I absolutely loved that top but after wearing and washing it regularly for two or three years it stopped looking so good and had to be binned. I suppose this is an updated version of that top. I'm really glad I found this as I think it can be dressed up or down and can be suitable for all sorts of occasions.
The skirt is probably not something I would have bought if I'd been at home and had access to my usual shops. However, here in Poland my choice of shops is more limited and I'd been looking for a skirt that would be appropriate to wear for work as well as during my free time for ages. This wasn't too expensive (I don't know the UK price but I'd guess around £12) and the best thing is that it has a zip and button on the side which prevent it from swivelling around my waist/hips when I'm out and about. I always have that problem when wearing skirts; I'll be walking along the street when suddenly I look down and discover the back of my skirt is now at the front. Making readjustments every two minutes is not elegant. But, like I say, this skirt stays in place. It also matches the top perfectly.

In the afternoon I removed the beautiful purple and black butterfly design from my nails (it lasted really well, especially considering the polish was 65p and I didn't wear a top coat) and tried out my new neon pink shade. It's very nice but didn't photograph well at all.


It is neon, I promise.

It looks as if it's going to be another great day weather wise so I'm off to get ready to go to the post office (have to send those postcards I told you about) and then do some shopping before setting out for another park later on.

Bye for now,
Laura

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a lovely and peaceful day at the garden!:D And what a cute skirt!:D

    Enjoy the weekend!:D

    http://allthingsmarie.blogspot.com/
    BEAUTY. FASHION. DESIGN.
    ...and everything girly under the sun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. H&M have quite pretty clothes at the moment. Even though I'd bought a few items in London, I ended buying a skirt from there last weekend! It's like buses, I either don't like anything from there for ages or I buy several items.
    The H&M in Fort Kinnaird is all different now. I think it's smaller though because they've fit mens range in that one shop as well as childrens and womens. Funnily enough, the shop fitting now looks just like it does in Tokyo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. First time I read your comment Wing, I thought you meant your skirt had buses on it lol

    ReplyDelete

Reading your comments makes my day, leave me one to have your say :-)