Saturday, May 29, 2010

NOTD

Currently watching: 500 Days of Summer

My polka dot manicure lasted quite well, especially considering I didn't wear a topcoat and the purple nail varnish cost 65p. However, this morning I noticed a few chips so I decided it was time to have some fun Konading.

I'm not allowed to paint my nails in the flat when David's at home as the smell of nail varnish gives him an instant headache. The problem is that for the next two weeks he's revising for his exams so he's pretty much home whenever I am. The solution was for me to set up a nail painting area on our balcony. I had a bottle of water and some chocolate to keep me going (lol), a book to read while waiting for each coat of nail varnish to dry, and my collection of varnish and nail art tools.

What I used for today's manicure was a clear base coat, two coats of the Crystal Strength pink shade followed by one coat of the pink in the French manicure double-bottle (all Polish brands), and the middle flower image on m36 with Konad Special polish in pink. I regretted using the two light pink shades as the background colour as they didn't give me the end colour I wanted but I don't have any other light pinks here and I'm reluctant to buy more polish as I have a big collection to return home to at the end of June.

And here are the results:


I like the design and I managed the placing of the stamp quite well but like I said, I'm not too happy with the background colour so overall I'm not thrilled with this manicure.

5 comments:

  1. I think your manicure is beautiful. So pretty and so delicate,
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Susie. I ended up removing it after only one day though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well what do you have on now?
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Changed it to a light purple shade and have just added some flower stickers. I'll post pictures tomorrow- my camera's battery has let me down tonight

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooh these are really cute

    smaira-dollymixfits.blogspot.com
    x

    ReplyDelete

Reading your comments makes my day, leave me one to have your say :-)