Sunday, June 13, 2010

Cherry on Top Award

Hello ladies!

Good news to report: I was given a Cherry on Top Award :-)



A big thank you to Mimi for putting a smile on my face by giving me this award. Here's a virtual hug for you *hug*

The rules:
Thank the person that gave this to you.
Go on, give them a virtual hug!
Copy the award and put it on your blog.
List 3 things you love about yourself.
Post a picture/s you love (eg a person you adore etc).
Tag 5 people you wish to pass this award on to.

Three things I love about myself:
1. The way I treat people
2. My memory
3. My nails



Pictures I love:

It was really difficult to select only a few pictures so I've gone a little bit overboard here but hopefully you'll enjoy seeing some of my photos from the last few years.


Montlucon, France (Nov 2006)
This was taken when I spent a year living in France and visited some friends in Montlucon. I love taking pictures, I love fountains, and I love France.


Frankfurt, Germany (June 2009)
Last summer my friend and I went to Frankfurt for a couple of days after graduating from university. I love photographing flowers and I have a lot of good pictures (and memories) from this trip.


Autumn Leaves
Autumn is my favourite season as I love to watch the colours of the leaves changing. This picture was taken in the Botanic Gardens in Glasgow, Scotland last year.


Holiday Photos
I love taking pictures while I'm away on holiday and can easily go away for a few days and return with 500 pictures. My digital camera was one of the best presents I've ever been given :-) These two pictures were taken in Berlin, Germany in July 2009. The first shows Berlin Cathedral with the TV Tower in the background as well as a sneaky fountain in the bottom lefthand corner. The second was taken in the World Gardens. Summer 2009 was really significant for me and I was lucky enough to travel to many different countries in Europe so I always enjoy looking back at my photos and reliving that time.



Pictures of my home country, Scotland :-)
The top two were taken when David and I spent a week in the Outer Hebrides (Scottish islands) in August 2009 and the bottom two are from our trip to the south of Scotland in October 2009. My country is beautiful.






Pictures of my host country, Poland
I moved here at the beginning of February 2010 and I'll be leaving at the end of this month. I live in the capital, Warsaw, but I've managed to visit many of the country's other cities such as Krakow, Poznan, Torun, Lodz, Wroclaw and Gdansk. The weather was terrible when I visited a lot of these cities but regardless of that, I've liked everything I've seen here. Next week I'll be going to the south of Poland and will have the chance to see some of the countryside. I hear it offers some impressive sights so I'm looking forward to seeing life outside the city.

I would now like to pass this award on to:
America
Amy
Laura
Marie
Susie

Bye for now,
Laura

7 comments:

  1. Wow, they are some amazing pictures!
    you've definately been to some nice places :)

    xxxx
    Tasha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, these are amazing pictures, Laura!:D Your home country is indeed beautiful!:D

    Thanks for tagging me!:D Congratulations on your award too!:D Yay!:D

    http://allthingsmarie.blogspot.com/
    BEAUTY. FASHION. DESIGN.
    ...and everything girly under the sun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you so much for the award! :)) congrats on getting one too! these pictures are GORGEOUS btw.. you take great photos :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. you're welcome! you deserve this award. :D

    all your photos are extremely beautiful! i want to visit the places you've been to. :)

    http://whatmimiwrites.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow beautiful photos, thanks for sharing them. Kind of inspires me to go explore the uk more and take my camera out more often. I abandon it too long at times. Thanks for taggng me, shall make a post when I take a break from coursework sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh I should put scenic photos up more often if this is the reaction I get :-) Thanks to everyone for commenting!
    Amy, yeh you should definitely take more pictures! We should go up Calton Hill when I'm back and go to Arthur Seat too at some point

    ReplyDelete
  7. hey i finally posted the award post.. sorry its so late! hope you like it :)

    http://paperrheart.blogspot.com/2010/06/3-cherry-on-top-awards.html

    <33

    ReplyDelete

Reading your comments makes my day, leave me one to have your say :-)