Wednesday, June 2, 2010

What Not To Wear

Good evening readers :-)

For those of you in the UK, I'm sure the names Trinny and Susannah ring a bell. These two ladies used to write about fashion, launched their own website and then started presenting the fantastic show What Not To Wear. I think this programme was on television for a few years and I absolutely loved it. Its purpose was to feature a different woman on each of their weekly episodes and give her £2000 to buy a new wardrobe full of clothes, particularly staples. The idea was to buy clothes that were suitable for each woman's body shape and which they felt comfortable in and would get a lot of use out of. Trinny and Susannah are notorious for being outspoken and even rude at times in their quest to improve people's dress sense but they always defend themselves by saying that they want people to feel good about the way they look and sometimes being brutally honest is the only way to get people looking good and feeling happy when they look in the mirror. As I said, I was a great fan of this show but unfortunately they stopped making it a few years ago and moved onto other television ventures which were less successful and not my cup of tea at all. However, I recently discovered that Trinny and Susannah are coming to Poland next weekend and will be making an appearance at my local shopping centre! They're going to select 12 women and feature these women (which will represent 12 different body shapes) in a fashion show.


Do you think it would be worth going to see Trinny and Susannah and watching the fashion show? I already have a couple of their books advising how to dress for your shape and I think watching the fashion show would involve a lot of standing around. I wonder if I'd even be able to hear what they were saying or whether they'd be simultaneously translated into Polish? Hmm...

2 comments:

  1. I'd say, if you don't have any other plans then it'd be worth going, seeing as it's local to you anyway - I think you'd probably regret it if you didn't bother!

    Thanks for the comment :) Those flower rings are from New Look - they've got them in a few colours, I've seen them in cream & black as well as the pink & blue that I've got..

    www.heart-shaped-bruise.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good idea, I think that's what I'll end up doing

    ReplyDelete

Reading your comments makes my day, leave me one to have your say :-)