Monday, October 18, 2010

ASOS Paint by Ciate (NOTD)

Currently listening to: Rushes by Darius

Hello,

Hope you've all had a good start to the week.

Today I have one of my new ASOS nail polishes to show you, this shade is called Lily from the ASOS Paint by Ciate range.







I tried all the settings my camera has and yet I was unable to capture the true shade of this polish in pictures. It's a lot greener in reality, the kind of green that I wouldn't want to Konad over with white in case people thought I supported a particular football team, and less turquoise blue. I assume this was in the sale because it's considered a spring/summer colour but actually I think it would be suitable for winter, particularly for red and green Christmas-themed manicures.

These pictures were taken when I had two coats on but I later added a third coat (it didn't show up any better on my camera). When I bought this it was £1, reduced from £6. For £1, it's a super polish. If I'd spent £6 on it I wouldn't be happy. Application was a dream. But then it started to chip. Within less than a few hours. And when I removed it, all the polish went under my nails so I had green, not white, tips. Pretty. I won't dismiss it yet though. Next time I'll use a topcoat to see if that prevents it from chipping. There's not much I can do to make removal any better though as I did wear a basecoat.
Have you tried any of these polishes? What was your experience?
Bye for now,
Laura

5 comments:

  1. Never tried this but the color does remind me of Christmas.:D

    ***** Marie *****
    allthingsmarie.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do love this colour, it's just a shame it chips so quickly and is horrible to remove.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, love, love that color. :)
    So unique,
    Susie

    ReplyDelete

Reading your comments makes my day, leave me one to have your say :-)