Monday, October 11, 2010

Boots 17 Even Tone Corrector Stick

Currently watching: X Factor

Good evening girls,

I had a lovely weekend in the Lake District; the weather was perfect and the scenery was beautiful. I'm sure some pictures will be on their way to you shortly ;-)

As I mentioned last week, I bought quite a few products in Boots last Monday. One of the products I bought was Boots 17 Even Tone Corrector Stick:


What they say: Helps target and correct areas of unbalanced skin tone and rosy complexion.
Directions: Apply and blend in before foundation.
Price: £3.49 for 4g

My skin tone is very uneven as the tops of my cheeks and the top of my nose are quite red in comparison to the rest of my face. I don't think it's so obvious when I wear my glasses but it's very obvious when I wear my contacts and I hate how uneven my skin tone is. This product is something which I hadn't heard of before but which just happened to catch my eye last week. I was quite surprised when I took the lid off the tester and discovered the corrector stick was green but I suppose that's what neutralises redness.
So does this product actually work? Hmm, yes and no. I had high hopes for this product, I really did, and at first I was quite impressed by it. Now that I've been using it for almost a week, I have to say that although I think it's worth having, it certainly isn't perfect nor is it a true corrector for uneven skin tone. My main issue with it is that it's difficult to blend in. After applying my foundation on top of this, I can see quite clearly where I've applied the corrector stick; it's as if I have patches of dry skin on my face.
And yet sometimes it does work and I'm happy with the results when I look in the mirror so it's a tricky product to judge. I suspect it's like face primer; you don't notice a huge difference but you become dependent on using it and feel a bit lost without it.
Has anyone else tried this product? If so, what do you think of it? Do you have any similar items you would recommend?
Bye for now,
Laura

5 comments:

  1. I thought it was going to be a nude colour too hehe. Kind of reminds me of Elf's studio complexion perfection. It has four squares in green, blue, pink and beige.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never tried this product, so this is good info to know. I think I'll pass on this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never tried this product, a regular concealer works just fine with me.:D

    ***** Marie *****
    allthingsmarie.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh wow, I've never tried this one, I know Clique do a stick too.

    Hope you're having a great start to the week

    xoxo

    www.awonderingstar.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmm, I might have to investigate that ELF product...

    ReplyDelete

Reading your comments makes my day, leave me one to have your say :-)