Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Fauxnad Fail

Currently listening to: Toucher l'Instant by Grand Corps Malade

Good evening girls,

Tonight I thought I'd show you the results of my latest attempt at stamping on nail tips because of course I just couldn't leave yesterday's manicure alone.

Out came my Bundle Monster kit, my stamping set and my Konad special polish in white.

What I was aiming for was a simple yet intricate white tip design.

This is what I ended up with:




(probably the most successful finger)
Now, from afar, ie in these pictures, this doesn't look too bad but in reality it looked awful. There were two problems with this manicure. First, it's really difficult to position the stamp correctly. Second, there's the usual complaint of the Bundle Monster images not being wide enough so double stamping was called for and that led to some very messy looking white overlapping. Not pretty at all so as soon as I took these photos I removed it all. Bare nails for me tomorrow :-(
Do you have any tips for successful tip stamping?
Bye for now,
Laura
PS Any tips on how to space posts and actually get Blogger to place paragraphs where you want them??????

4 comments:

  1. they looked good to me, but thanks for telling us how hard it was to put on!

    <3, Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  2. That actually looks pretty good...but I think it is always easier just to go to the nail salon for manicures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks girls but honestly you'd say different if you had seen it close up. What a mess it was.
    I'm too much of a cheapskate to go to a nail salon ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Reading your comments makes my day, leave me one to have your say :-)