Tuesday, October 19, 2010

The Versatile Blogger

Hello folks :-)

Leanne, over at Do Not Refreeze tagged all of her readers for The Versatile Blogger award so here I am, doing the same.

The rules: tell us 7 things about yourself then tag 6 other bloggers for this award.

1. One of my favourite books is Digging to America by Anne Tyler. I've just finished reading it for probably the tenth time. It's about two families in America, one American and one Iranian, who both adopt baby girls from Korea. The story is not particularly dramatic or fast-paced but that's why I love it; it's about the day to day lives of these two families, observations about culture and behaviour, and what it is to be an outsider.

2. I want to start taking Spanish classes next year.

3. I haven't had a proper, genuine, carefree conversation with another girl for about 10 weeks, since I moved here. I don't have any female friends here and I'm beginning to miss girlie chats.

4. I'm a Scot living in England and not a day goes by without someone reminding me of this.

5. When I was younger I wanted to be a stock broker when I grew up.

6. My favourite singer is Josh Groban. Although there are a few of his songs which I dislike, I absolutely love Oceano, All'improvviso Amore, In Her Eyes and Awake. His new album comes out on 15th Nov and I just can't wait to hear it (I've been waiting for a new album for three years) despite being slightly apprehensive as apparently this album shows Josh taking his music in a new direction.

7. I've been with my boyfriend for a year and seven months. He makes me happy :-)

I pass this award on to everybody who reads this and feels like joining in the fun!

Bye for now,
Laura

3 comments:

  1. Yay, thanks for doing this! Whereabouts in England are you living? Are you liking it here at all or wanna scoot back up to Scotland?
    I'm the same - I don't have any friends in real life. My boyfriend is my only friend, apart from all my blogger friends! So I know completely what you mean about that. I'm always about if you want someone to chat to. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the award!:D

    I like Josh Groban too.:D

    ***** Marie *****
    allthingsmarie.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Leanne :-) I'm in Greater Manchester. The area I live in (Stockport) is okay during the day but not very nice at night and I'm not a great fan of Manchester itself. I think I would like to go back to Scotland (or somewhere else) but since I'm on a 3-year contract at work that won't be happening any time soon lol.

    Thanks Marie and yay, another Josh fan :-)

    ReplyDelete

Reading your comments makes my day, leave me one to have your say :-)